Opening a new account is a cinch. But switching automated payments and direct deposits from your old account can be a hassle. Thanks to ClickSWITCH, switching to American Federal is easy.
ClickSWITCH is a fully-automated, web-based, paperless solution that eliminates the chore of transferring direct deposits and payments to your new account. And, ClickSWITCH will initiate the closure of your old account when the switch process is complete.
Now you can quickly and securely migrate all of your recurring transactions to your new account at American Federal. Contact your American Federal Banker for more information.
Use the convenience of Mobile Wallet to save time in your busy life. No need to search for a plastic card when making purchases. With Mobile Wallet, you can pay using your smartphone, your tablet or your smartwatch.
Easy, Convenient and Safe
It’s simple. Unlock your device, enable Mobile Wallet, authorize transaction with fingerprint or code, and hold your mobile device close to the card reader of participating merchants to pay. Or, you can make your purchases in mobile apps. Payment information will display on your device.
Mobile Wallet works at merchants that display the universal contactless acceptance symbol. You can pay with the default card you have set up or select another card from your Mobile Wallet.
Count on security because your card information is not stored on your device or shared when you pay. Cashiers never see your name, card number or security code. Your purchase is protected.
Any purchases made with Mobile Wallet appear on the bank or credit card statement tied to the card you use. Credit and debit cards are protected by verification checks and fraud detection systems that proactively monitor activity and use real-time transaction blocking when unauthorized payments are suspected.
Personal Financial Manager
Personal Financial Manager empowers you to take control of your finances and simplify your life, letting you stay in touch with your finances from your desktop, tablet or mobile phone. Personal Finance Manger aggregates all your account balances and transactions within Online and Mobile Banking, so you can see your checking, savings, credit cards, loans and investments in one convenient, secure place, even if you’re on the go.
It is your one-stop location to see activity on all your accounts, including accounts you link from any financial institution, credit card company, farm equipment lender, mortgage company or your 401k provider.
You access a complete view of your financial picture with a single log-in.
- Aggregate all of your accounts in one place
- Review and categorize transactions
- Establish budgets for spending
- Set goals for saving and paying down debt
- Review net worth and budget reports
- Setup up account alerts…and more
Take the first step today to begin planning for your present and future. Spend time on what counts for you with a simple, consolidated view of all your account balances and spending habits so you can understand where you are now and where you want to go.
To access Personal Financial Manager and set up your account overview, you must be enrolled in American Federal Online Banking.
Contact your local American Federal Banker to learn more about Personal Financial Manager, or log in to Online Banking. Click the “Link Account” button towards the bottom of the window, review and accept the Terms and Conditions and begin using Personal Financial Manager.
Click the “Help” button on the Online Banking Menu Bar to access a Personal Financial Manager “PFM User Guide” with instructions, screen shots and frequently asked questions.
Once enrolled, Personal Financial Manager is accessible through your desktop, tablet or mobile phone. Personal Financial Manager is free to American Federal customers.
With American Federal Send Money, you can transfer money in minutes to almost anyone with a U.S. bank account. All you need is your recipient’s email address or mobile phone number. It’s that simple!
Send Money allows you to send funds conveniently using your American Federal Cash Card Check Card (debit card) to other accountholders at American Federal or at other financial institutions. You can even send money to a business.
Whether it’s sending a birthday gift of money, paying for lawn care or snow removal service, or splitting a check at a restaurant, Send Money is a convenient alternative to cash and checks.
No enrollment is required. Simply log into American Federal Online Banking or our Mobile Banking App and start sending money anywhere, anytime, to anyone. Terms and Conditions apply.
It’s Fast, Easy and Secure
- Every transaction requires a debit card PIN, making it as safe as any debit transaction and the debit card network of the receiver of the funds.
- PIN entry is scrambled on the keypad to guard against fraudulent keylogging,
- Customers initiate a payment rapidly by email or mobile phone. The customer’s recipient receives funds fast.1, 2
- No registration or set up is required. This convenient service is ready to use in online, mobile or tablet.
- With the American Federal Mobile Banking App, customers can conveniently use their smartphone’s Contact List to populate a Send Money receiver’s phone number.
Start using American Federal Send Money today for all your payment needs. If you have questions about person-to-person payments or how they work, contact your local American Federal Banker.
- The time of funds received depends on when the recipient responds to his or her email or text, and when his or her financial institution posts the transfer. Posting is dependent upon the business days of the recipient’s financial institution. If a recipient uses a bank where delivery cannot be made within minutes, it may take several business days for your payment to be delivered.
- The recipient of a payment has 10 days to collect the sender’s funds by accepting the transaction, or the transfer will be cancelled and the funds returned to the sender’s account. Sender receives an email message if funds are not picked up by the receiver.
- Payments occur in real time via the debit card network. Not all debit card networks participate. Payments not able to be sent via the debit card network are sent ACH which could delay the delivery of money by several days.
- Send Money transactions are not recoverable.
- A customer must have an available balance in a qualifying American Federal account to use Send Money.
- Debit card daily dollar limits apply.
- Mobile carrier’s message and data rates may apply.
If you have questions about person-to-person payments or how they work, contact your local American Federal Banker.
Enhanced Online & Mobile Banking
Manage your finances anytime, anywhere with any device, using American Federal’s secure Online and Mobile banking tools. Access your American Federal accounts at your convenience. It’s so easy. Save time and money and manage your finances with Online Banking, Online Bill Pay, Mobile Banking and Mobile Check Deposit.
Whether you use a phone, tablet or computer, you can easily manage your American Federal accounts when it’s convenient for you. Menus are easy to navigate and look consistent across all devices.
- Access your accounts with a single sign-in. Use the same User ID and Password on your desktop, phone or tablet.
- Transfer funds to or from your American Federal accounts to or from your accounts at other financial institutions, up to $2,500.
- Using Online Bill Pay, set up new payees and schedule payments from your phone or tablet.
- With Mobile Check Deposit, use your phone or tablet to take a photo of the front and back of an endorsed check and deposit the funds directly into an eligible checking or savings account.
- With Text Banking from American Federal, use your smartphone to quickly know your account balance, transfer funds between accounts or view your account history.
Enjoy the freedom of managing your finances at American Federal. Anytime. Anywhere. Any Device.
With your busy schedule, finding time to deposit checks can be a challenge. With Direct Deposit from American Federal, your paycheck or other sources of funds are set up to be deposited directly into a checking or savings account at American Federal.
Payroll, Social Security, retirement, pension, annuity, dividend and VA checks and other recurring payments can be automatically deposited into your account. American Federal can also have your interest from certificates of deposits and other investments deposited directly into your account.
It’s safe, reliable and convenient!
If your schedule is busy, you travel frequently, or spend winters elsewhere, Telephone Banker provides the convenience you need. Access your account information immediately and conduct transactions anytime, anywhere from a touch-tone telephone.
Use Telephone Banker to:
- Check your account balances, withdrawals, deposits, ATM and Cash Card Check Card transactions
- Transfer funds between accounts
- Check interest on specific accounts
- Obtain loan and line-of-credit information
- Check CD balances, interest and maturity dates
- Access Individual Retirement Account information
- Locate American Federal branches, ATM and night depository locations and hours of operation
This easy-to-use automated voice response system provides clear instructions and prompts, as well as time to follow the electronic operator’s directions. The 6 p.m. CST cut-off time for deposits provides extra time to transfer funds and still be credited to the same day’s business. There is no charge for the service.
Access Telephone Banker
Call 888-805-7828 toll-free from anywhere in the U.S. and Canada to access Telephone Banker. In Fargo, dial 297-4800.
Set up your Telephone Banker access by entering your account number and last four digits of the social security number on the account, then choose your own Personal Identification Number to access Telephone Banker. Or stop by to visit your American Federal Banker to learn more.
American Federal Debit Card
This multi-use card from American Federal offers ultimate convenience for your purchases. Safe, secure and easy to use in place of writing checks or carrying cash. Your purchases are electronically debited to your checking account. Use your card to withdraw cash at ATMs worldwide. There is no annual charge for an American Federal Debit Card.
Easy and convenient to manage:
- Provides 24/7 access to your checking account
- Accepted worldwide by merchants and ATMs anywhere Visa® debit cards are accepted, including restaurants, gas stations, movie theaters, grocery stores
- Works like a credit card for online and phone purchases
- Detailed descriptions of each transaction appear on your monthly statement
- No fee when you use your card at American Federal ATMs or a Wells Fargo Instant Cash Card machine at a Wells Fargo location
- Comes with Zero Liability fraud protection at no extra cost if unauthorized transactions occur if your card is lost or stolen and you report them promptly.
- Receive a text message on your mobile device when fraudulent activity is suspected on your account
American Federal Cash Card Check Card customers receive text messages on their mobile devices when fraudulent activity is suspected on their account.
Here’s how it works:
- If a suspicious transaction occurs on your debit card’s account, you receive a text message from the number 37-268.
- The text will say “American Federal Bank Fraud Alert: Did you attempt a transaction on debit card ending in 1234 at Bill’s Restaurant in NY for $123.45? Reply YES or NO.” (Card number, merchant, state and amount are made up for this example and will be specific to the suspicious transaction on your card in an actual alert.)
- If you reply YES, you will receive a message thanking you for responding and no action will be taken.
- If you reply NO, you will receive the response “American Federal Bank: You’ve indicated an unauthorized transaction. A temporary hold may have been placed on your card. Please call immediately 800-770-6605.”
If there is no response to a fraud text message, you will receive a phone call about the suspicious transaction. This call will always come from the Fraud Detection Center phone number 877-253-8964. We recommend that you put this number as a contact in your phone as American Federal – Fraud Detection so that you recognize it should you receive a call.
If we do not have your mobile number on file, you will receive a phone call. Please contact your local American Federal Sales Office, if you would like to provide the bank with your mobile number or if you have any questions about the mobile alert feature.
With Automatic Payments, there’s no need to worry about missed payments, late fees or writing and mailing checks. If you’re at the lake, traveling, hospitalized, or have a tight schedule, Automatic Payment ensures your payments are made on time. Set up Automatic Payment transfers to move funds between accounts or to make loan payments.
Automatic Payments can be set up through Automated Clearing House (ACH) or Allotments. Save time and money with this free service from American Federal.
With ACH, you direct a company to pay your recurring bills from your deposit account at American Federal. ACH moves the automatic payments between the company’s bank and American Federal. Contact your American Federal Banker to learn more about automatic payments. There is no charge for this service.
Allotments provide a convenient way to automatically make payments on your loans from American Federal. With allotments, you authorize American Federal, in writing, to automatically make an American Federal loan payment from your American Federal deposit account. You’ll have peace of mind and maintain good credit by knowing payments are made on time every time. It’s a convenient way to handle monthly loan payments. You can also authorize American Federal to automatically move allocated dollars between your checking and savings accounts at American Federal.
A Gift Card is the perfect gift for any occasion–birthday, graduation, anniversary or anytime you want to give a gift that is versatile, convenient and always well received. Gift Cards are prepaid and loaded with a set amount of funds that can be used for purchases anywhere Visa® debit cards are accepted, including retail stores and online merchants. You choose the amount and the gift card recipient chooses where to shop and what to buy. It’s that simple. Give one today! Contact your local office for more information.
A Reloadable Prepaid Card is a safe and cost-effective alternative to carrying cash or worrying about cashing a check. It’s also a great way to manage your money or provide financial independence to a family member without providing cash. Because it is pre-funded, you only spend what money is available on the card. You can track your spending for improved budgeting and financial management.
Simply purchase the card, load it with a cash amount you choose and enjoy using the card to make purchases or pay bills anywhere Visa® debit cards are accepted, including retail stores and businesses, online or over the phone. Each time you use the card, the purchase amount is automatically deducted from the card balance.
Purchase a Prepaid Card at your local American Federal Bank. You can add more money to the card whenever you want at your American Federal location or even through the direct deposit of wages, social security earnings or other payments.
No more drowning in cancelled checks when you receive Check Images from American Federal. Instead of receiving bulky cancelled checks with your monthly statement, you receive, at a small additional cost, an Image Statement that is a digital picture of any checks you write that are posted to your account.
Safe Deposit Boxes
If it’s important, you want to protect it. Safe Deposit Boxes at American Federal provide you with peace of mind that your important documents, collectibles and other valuables are secure.
You’ll have peace of mind knowing your items are secure and conveniently located at your American Federal Bank to access when needed. Various sizes are available for rent. We have them available in Ada, Crookston, East Grand Forks, Fergus Falls and Fosston in Minnesota, and Fargo Downtown, Fargo South, Grand Forks and Wahpeton in North Dakota.
Contact American Federal for more details about a Safe Deposit Box.