If you are planning a visit to the lobby, we encourage you to first call your local American Federal Sales Office to learn the re-opening status of the lobby.
It is the same friendly lobby you have always loved to visit with enhancements to maintain a safe and healthy environment for customers and employees while we all work to slow the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
We have always maintained a safe and clean environment, however, over the last several weeks, we have introduced some extra precautions and follow CDC guidelines to promote the safety and health of our customers and employees.
Protecting Customers and Employees
Thank you for understanding the adjustments we have made.
- Touchless hand sanitizer stations, non-surgical masks and gloves available for you at the lobby entrance, and stanchions and floor markers to help us all practice social distancing
- Wider spaces between furniture to further promote social distancing
- Protective, clear panels in some areas for added protection from close contact
- Cleaning and disinfecting procedures for common surfaces and shared objects
- Meetings in our conference rooms for best social distancing
- Monitoring the health of our staff by requiring employees to stay home, if they are ill or have an ill family member at home
- Associates and Bankers practicing hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette, limiting unnecessary contact and disinfecting their work areas
- Associates and Bankers wearing face coverings when they expect to be in close contact with a customer or another employee for a longer length of time and social distancing is not possible
With these adjustments to our environment, one thing has not changed – our continued commitment to provide you with personal service that is safe for you and your family every time you visit our lobby.
Thank you for being an American Federal customer. We look forward to welcoming you back in the lobby.
Many Ways to Bank Smart at American Federal
As an essential business, American Federal Bank has remained open during the Coronavirus pandemic, safely providing trusted advice and financial services for customers through the drive-up, by phone, email, and electronically. And now, we have re-opened the lobby with health and safety protocols.
Here are smart ways to continue accessing your accounts:
- If you wish to visit with your American Federal Banker, call ahead for an appointment.
- For less direct contact, but convenience and safety, continue to use our Drive-Up, Night Drop, Telephone Banker, surcharge-free MoneyPass® ATMs and our electronic banking options.
- We understand you may choose to limit your trips to the bank. You can manage your accounts virtually at any time, from almost anywhere, using any device with safe and convenient Online Banking, through our Mobile Banking app, including sending and receiving money electronically, with Online Bill Pay, eStatement and Remote Deposit of Checks.
- With Mobile Wallet, you can make contactless purchases with no need to touch cash, or, in most cases, the pin-pad at the store terminal. You can use your Mobile Wallet online or in-store at participating merchants right from your smartphone or smartwatch.
Be Alert for Scammers
- We value your security and take precautions to protect you from fraud, scams and identity theft. Remember, if we reach out to you by email, text message or phone, we will never ask you for confidential information, such as your username, password, Personal Identification Number (PIN) or other account information.
- Watch out for dishonest individuals trying to take advantage of situations like the Coronavirus. Be aware of Coronavirus scams, including phony products on websites, fraudulent links or attachments in emails, text and social media.
Our thanks go out to everyone who has supported our small businesses and farmers – the backbone of our region’s economy – during the Coronavirus pandemic.
We think it is important to invest in our communities and our farmers. The relationships we cultivate with our business and farm clients are why our Bankers’ are able to help clients with Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loans.
We appreciate the opportunity to have helped more than 650 small businesses and farmers with approximately $45 million in PPP loans.
Modification to the PPP with passage of the PPP Flexibility Act allows for greater loan forgiveness with more eligible payroll and non-payroll expenses to accrue up to 24 weeks and more non-payroll costs to be included in the forgiveness calculation, almost ensuring that most borrowers will obtain fully forgivable loans.
If you are directly affected by the Coronavirus, and need banking assistance, ask to speak with a Banker or an Associate today. We’re here to help.
About American Federal Bank
When you call American Federal Bank, you reach an Associate in your local Sales Office — someone who knows you and who you can trust to answer your questions and personally take care of you.
American Federal Bankers and Associates have the experience, knowledge and expertise you need in Ag, Business and Personal Banking, whether you are looking to expand your operation, manage an operating line, purchase farm, commercial, multi-family or residential real estate, plan for retirement or save for a major purchase.
Our Bankers forge long-term, personal relationships with their clients which has helped us work together through the Coronavirus pandemic.
Long Established, Safe, Stable and Employee Owned
You can trust the strength of American Federal Bank.
- Founded almost 130 years ago in East Grand Forks, Minnesota, our roots run deep in the Red River Valley and Lakes Country of northwestern Minnesota.
- American Federal is a highly regarded, employee owned community bank. Our employees live and work right in your community, so they understand you, your farm or business and the local economy.
- American Federal Bank is a member of the FDIC. This means your deposits remain secure with American Federal. *
- With a Tier-1 Risk Based Capital Ratio well above the required minimum and our diverse sources of funding and access to liquidity, you can trust that American Federal will remain in a strong position to meet your credit and liquidity needs. **
We continue to monitor the ongoing developments of the Coronavirus pandemic in our region and to balance the needs of our customers and the safety recommendations from government and health authorities.
We are incredibly proud of our employees who continue to take care of thousands of American Federal clients during the pandemic and who every day demonstrate their commitment to ensure we are creating a safe environment as we fulfill our role as an essential business in the communities we serve.
With gratitude and appreciation,
AMERICAN FEDERAL BANK
* FDIC Insurance available up to the maximum established by FDIC per depositor and ownership type
** Credit products and services subject to credit approval. Some fees and restrictions may apply