As we continue to monitor the rapidly evolving situation around the Coronavirus (COVID-19), our priority is to protect the safety and well-being of our employees, and to maintain essential banking services for our clients and businesses who are impacted by these difficult circumstances.
Our Drive-Up locations where available are open during their regular drive-up hours to serve your banking needs.
You can apply for a home loan online at the American Federal website at americanfederalbank.com.
Night Depositories and ATMs are available at many of our Drive-Up locations.
You can get cash surcharge-free from your American Federal deposit account at any MoneyPass® ATM nationwide.
Stay Connected to your Accounts
We ask that you help us contain the spread of the virus. If you are sick, tested positive for COVID-19 or have been exposed, please do not come to our bank. Instead, use our Online or Mobile Banking services, or call your local American Federal Banker.
Online and Mobile Banking offer the fastest and most convenient way to access and manage your accounts. Download the American Federal Bank mobile app or use your computer to stay connected and bank anytime, anywhere from any device 24/7.
Using our electronic services is simple, secure and free:
- Go online to pay bills, move money between accounts, monitor transactions, set up alerts and review e-statements.
- Deposit a check directly into an eligible checking or savings account by taking a photo of the front and back of an endorsed check with Mobile Check Deposit.
- Send and receive money between family or friends using Send Money.
- Make payments and purchases with a debit or credit card.
Safety Is a Priority
We have done several things to make our environments safe for staff.
- We have directed employees to stay home if they become sick.
- We use gloves or other personal protective equipment when handling cash.
- We practice social distancing.
- We have implemented cleaning practices in our locations, following CDC and public health guidance.
- We have suspended business travel and in-person meetings, suggesting instead that the phone or email is used, and enabled remote work arrangements when possible.
- If employees should contract COVID-19 or become exposed to it, we will provide paid sick time.
Supporting our Clients
We are here to help you however we can. We know that as things progress, there may be financial challenges for some. Consumers and businesses may experience cash shortfalls due to interruptions or unexpected loss of income or business. We are optimistic that this will be a temporary situation.
If American Federal is your primary bank, we may be able to establish or increase loans or lines of credit, help you with a home equity loan or line of credit, defer monthly loan payments, modify payments to interest only or modify the final maturity date, depending on your credit situation.
The Small Business Administration (SBA)is offering some special financing options for businesses impacted by COVID-19. All of North Dakota and Minnesota are declared eligible to participate in the disaster loan program.
The most important step you can take, if you are experiencing a hardship, is to contact your local American Federal Banker. As your trusted financial advisor, we want to help you find the best solution to meet your situation and your goals.
Watch for Suspicious Email and Text Messages
Be on the lookout for suspicious email and text messages that try to get you to share sensitive information, such as your login username and password, or the ones cybercriminals use to impersonate a company, charity or government agency.
American Federal Bank will never ask you for personal information or login credentials in an email or text message.
Keep well and safe.
AMERICAN FEDERAL BANK
NMLS ID 457211