Our American Savings account provides easy access with a competitive interest rate.
- Variable interest rate tiers based on average daily balance
- Unlimited deposits and withdrawals at an American Federal banking location or an American Federal-owned ATM
- No monthly service fee with average daily balance of $300 or more
- Monthly service fee waiver for youth savers under age 19 who are the account’s primary tax owner
- Free monthly combined statement or quarterly savings statement4
- Free Online Banking, eStatement and Telephone Banker1
- Free ATM Card2 with no ATM fees2
1 Regulation D limits certain types of withdrawal and transfer transactions which can be made from savings and money market accounts to a maximum combined total of six per calendar month or monthly statement cycle. An excess activity fee applies for each transaction that exceeds the limit. If account transaction limitations are continuously exceeded, the account may be converted to a checking account or closed, as required by federal regulations governing savings and money market account transaction limitations. See account disclosure for details.
2 American Federal does not charge a fee for an American Federal Cash Card Check Card, ATM Card or HSA Debit Card. There is no charge to use an American Federal or Instant Cash ATM. There is a charge for a replacement card and a PIN change after the first change. Some ATM and POS (point-of-sale) operators, owners or networks not owned by American Federal may impose access fees unrelated to our accounts.
4 Savings accounts generally produce a quarterly statement; however, a monthly statement is provided during any month an electronic transaction occurs.